What I do

I see the potential in no longer wanted garments. Wool with moth holes and silk and velvet with worn places still have corners of beautiful fabric waiting to be sewn into something that will be loved again. Yard sales, thrift stores, and great friends are my main source for creative supplies. I'm glad to see that upcycling is becoming more mainstream now and not something (as was in my Mother's and Grandmother's day) to apologize for.

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Quiltercise


Who said quilting is a sedentary activity? Here is my routine:
1. squat on the floor and mark the next piece of fabric.
2. stand up, walk to sewing machine, sit down and sew next seam
 3. stand up and press sewn seam
4. kneel on floor and design next piece


5. start all over again
6.repeat until your back gives out or the job is finished

No comments:

Post a Comment