What I do

I see the potential in no longer wanted garments. Wool with moth holes and silk and velvet with worn places still have corners of beautiful fabric waiting to be sewn into something that will be loved again. Yard sales, thrift stores, and great friends are my main source for creative supplies. I'm glad to see that upcycling is becoming more mainstream now and not something (as was in my Mother's and Grandmother's day) to apologize for.

Monday, November 1, 2010

Fabric Autumn

Silk, velvet and felted wool leaves scattered across a felted wool background. I did reverse applique for some of the leaves and appliqued others on top. Because I use previously used wool I found it difficult to find a long piece of moth hole free fabric. My solution was to make smaller squares that I spaced apart and joined with leaves. It worked quite well. I like the idea well enough to make some more table toppers this way.

The fabric I used for the back was a piece of vintage fabric given to me that I have treasured waiting for just the right project.

I really like this bag. The pattern I used was in Japanese so it took me awhile to figure out but now that I have this one done the next one shouldn't take so long.
We had snow the other day which has inspired me to get out the whites and blues from my fabric stash.

1 comment: