What I do

I see the potential in no longer wanted garments. Wool with moth holes and silk and velvet with worn places still have corners of beautiful fabric waiting to be sewn into something that will be loved again. Yard sales, thrift stores, and great friends are my main source for creative supplies. I'm glad to see that upcycling is becoming more mainstream now and not something (as was in my Mother's and Grandmother's day) to apologize for.

Monday, November 22, 2010

New Bags

I was in need of a new purse. I made this pattern and REALLY like it. Even the male members of my household were impressed.
The lining fabric has dragonflies on it that were just the right size to cover these buttons and use for embellishment. Too cool. I had enough of the bits of fabric to make 2 more bags to sell.
Next bag I make I want to use part of this plaid wool skirt and incorporate the neat buckle somehow. First, though, I have to make cupcakes and hot chocolate.
 

1 comment:

  1. The dragongly buttons are really cool and the whole purse is great.

    ReplyDelete