What I do

I see the potential in no longer wanted garments. Wool with moth holes and silk and velvet with worn places still have corners of beautiful fabric waiting to be sewn into something that will be loved again. Yard sales, thrift stores, and great friends are my main source for creative supplies. I'm glad to see that upcycling is becoming more mainstream now and not something (as was in my Mother's and Grandmother's day) to apologize for.

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Fuzzy Pears

How exciting! The other day I found this pile of zippers at a rummage sale. I've been seeing things embellished with strips of zipper teeth and have thought of a few things to try, so, here is my opportunity. Before I do that, though, I had an idea for the zipper pull.
Fuzzy pears. I came across some light green velvet. It looks like it was leftover from upholstering something. Anyway, it makes lovely fat pears. Now to the zipper pull....this is what I used it for...

It makes a great stem/finding to put a ornament hook in.

No comments:

Post a Comment